Asian Association of School Human Resource Management and Development Practitioners, Inc. (AASHPI) has been setting exemplary standards in the practice of Human Resource Management and Development in the academe for twenty years. AASHPI has been committed in enhancing and advancing the science, art, and best practices in HRMD in the country for greater institutional effectiveness and efficiency. As it celebrates its 20th year, AASHPI is accepting research papers that will be presented during its 20th National Convention, with the theme "Building People: Leading the Future".
The convention will be held on August 28 - 30, 2019 at Tagaytay City. It aims to provide a venue for presentation and discussion of research outputs in different fields of interests that contribute to knowledge and debate on theoretical, methodological and practical approaches to the study of human resources or talent management. It may be in the form of comparative studies, theoretical, empirical investigations, and similar researches.
Scope of Sub-Themes
Individual paper presentation shall range from the following sub-themes focused on human resource management in educational institutions.
- Leadership and Governance: Policy Development, Planning, and Training and Development in the Workplace
- Innovation: HR Innovations, Technology and Industrial Revolution 4.0
- Mental Health: Occupational Health, Safety, and Well-being in the Workplace
- Education: Teaching Human Resource Management
Submission of Abstracts
Abstract should not exceed 200 words and must briefly mention the objective, methodology, results, significant new findings, conclusion(s) and recommendation(s). These should be typed single-spaced with font type Arial and font size 12. Please include no more than 5 keywords. The abstract should be accompanied by the title of the paper, author(s)' name, institutional affiliation and e-mail address of the corresponding author.
Guidelines on Full Paper Submission and Presentation
1. Papers invited on any of the topics for oral poster presentation must not have been previously published and must not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Submitted papers will be reviewed for adherence to established rules, scientific content, and presentation by the Screening Committee.
2. Papers will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Main focus of research
- Quality of research
- Content of the paper
- Adherence to the submission criteria
3. The final paper should contain the following sections: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendations, Acknowledgements (if any) and Literature Cited. The paper should not exceed 8,000 words.
5. An email will also be sent upon acceptance of non-acceptance of the paper for oral or poster presentation. An acknowledgment email will be sent to te corresponding author upon receipt of the abstract and final paper.
6. Each paper presenter shall be given 15-minute duration plus five (5) minutes for questions and discussions.
Special Awards and Publication
1. The Screening Committee will select ten papers for the competition: five (5) papers for oral presentation, and five (5) papers for poster presentation. The screening and selection shall be done through a double-blind review system.
2. Special awards shall be conferred for Best Oral Paper Presentation and Best Poster Presentation. The evaluator's decision shall be final and unappealable.
3. All presenters will receive a certificate of presentation.
4. All accepted papers may have the chance to be published in a refereed journal. The author/s shall be notified for any concerns and clarifications regarding the submitted paper.
5. Upon submission and acceptance of the paper, the author/s accept/s that AASHPI reserves the right to edit and/or reformat the research entries for publication upon recommendation of the peer reviewers and research committee.
6. Evaluation Criteria:
Full Paper Evaluation Criteria (FPE)
Contribution to HRM Practice 30%
Academic Significance 25%
Quality of Information 25%
Specific Content Evaluation Criteria (SCE)
Introduction and Related Literature 25%
Results and Discussion 30%
Conclusions and Recommendations 10%
Total Evaluation Score
FPE Score 45%
SCE Score 45%
Presentation Skills 10%
Instructions For Preparation of Final Papers
1. Recommended writing paper size 8 1/2 x 11 in.
2. Recommended font: Arial
3. Margins: Top: 1.0 in Bottom: 1.0 in
Right: 1.0 in Left: 1.5 in
4. Title of Paper, Author(s), Name(s) and Address(es)
- Title of Paper - Capitalize all letters. Registered names and trademarks are not permitted in titles. Italicize or underline scientific names of organisms. Use font size 14 pt., bold and center-aligned.
- Author(s) - Type the Presenter's initials and surname in CAPITAL LETTERS. For all other authors, capitalize only the initials and the first letter of surnames. Use font size 12 pt., bold and center-aligned.
- Address(es) - Show current mailing address(es) and affiliation(s) of all authors. Use font size 10 pts. and center-aligned.
5. Abstract: Maximum of 200 words and must briefly mention the objective, methodology, results, significant new findings and conclusion(s). It should be typed single-spaced with font size of 12 pts.
6. Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendations
7. Literature Cited: Use font size 12 pt., bold for Heading, bold italic for Subheading, type Text single-spaced and fully justified. For uniformity in the presentation of the citations, capitalize only the first letter of the family names and the initials of the given names of the author(s). Arrange the authors alphabetically by their surnames.
8. References/bibliography should follow the APA format.
The whole paper should not exceed a total of 10 pages including tables and figures.
Instructions in Preparing Electronic Presentation
1. Recommended program: MS Powerpoint
2. Recommended font:: Arial and Tahoma
3. Recommended number of slides: 10 - 15 (approximately one slide per minute)
4. Important sections which should be included:
- Title of Paper, Author(s)' Name(s) and Address(es)
- Results and Discussion
- Conclusion(s) and Recommendation(s)
- Acknowledgment (if any) and Literature Cited
5. Make headings and textual discussion concise but informative.
6. Refrain from inserting too much heavy graphics and animated clip arts.
7. Make the presentation eye-friendly, use good contrast color scheme.
Instructions in Preparing Preparing Poster Presentation
1. The poster should be a summary of the research information.
2. Important information should be readable from about 10 feet away.
3. The poster's size should be 2 feet x 4 feet, horizontal display.
4. Text should be clear and direct to the point.
5. At the convention, the researcher/s shall stand by the poster display while other participants come, view the presentation and interact with the author/s. The author/s shall be informed of the poster viewing schedule.
Note: Kindly include a one-page biosketch and recent photo of the author(s) to be electronically received by the Screening Committee on/before July 20, 2019.
Deadline of Submission of Abstracts May 31, 2019
Notification of Acceptance/Recommendation for Revision June 21, 2019
Submission of Full Papers July 18, 2019
Deadline of Submission of Electronic Presentations August 15, 2019
Convention (Paper Presentation) August 28-30, 2019
Participation is open to all school administrators, HR practitioners, teachers and researchers. The author(s) of accepted papers for presentation must register as participant(s) in the convention.
|Early-Bird Rate (Up to July 18)||Php 8,000.00||Php 9,500.00|
|Regular Rate (Up to Aug 9)||Php 9,000.00||Php 10,500.00|
|Early-Bird Rate (Up to July 18)||Php 8,700.00||Php 10,000.00|
|Regular Rate (Up to Aug 9)||Php 9,700.00||Php 11,000.00|
|Walk-in Rate (Aug 10 Onwards)||Php 10,700.00||Php 12,000.00|
The registration fee will entitle the participants of the following:
- Attendance to all sessions
- Souvenir program (with abstracts of accepted papers)
- Convention kit (with ballpen, notepad and freebies)
- Two (2) lunch and four (4) snacks
- Certificate of Attendance
- Soft copy of the convention topics (to be uploaded in the AASHPI website with password)
Mode of payment
A) FOR ON-SITE PAYMENT
The Secretariat accepts cash or check payments. Checks should be payable to Asian Association of School Human Resources Management and Development Practitioners, Inc.
B) FOR OFF-SITE PAYMENT
C) Cancellation By Delegate
Cancellation is not allowed but transferrable which should be done in writing and duly acknowledged by the Secretariat.